Music may draw people to the event, but volunteers create the fun and warm environment that bring music lovers back. Because of this, volunteers are highly prized and rewarded handsomely with a free 5-day pass (worth $205 at the door). As a volunteer at the Sun Valley Jazz & Music Festival, you are committing to the following in exchange for a free 5-day pass.
I commit to:
- GIVE patrons the utmost courtesy and assistance for an exceptional festival experience.
- WORK 12 hours as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator (or serve as Site Manager or RV Site Manager).
- ARRIVE 10 minutes prior to each shift and remain until the end of my shift.
- CONTACT my Manager as soon as possible if I have an emergency that will affect my ability to volunteer on time.
- PURCHASE and WEAR the official Jazz Volunteer shirt whenever working on my shift.
- ATTEND the Volunteer training and luncheon as assigned on the Wednesday morning before the festival.
- SIGN-IN at all required training and shifts.
- READ all guidelines and ask questions if I do not understand.
- PROTECT my admission badge by keeping it in my possession and not loaning it to another person even if I leave the festival early.
- UPDATE my contact information with the Volunteer Coordinator and email her at Volunteer@sunvalleyjazz.org if I change my address, phone number or email.
- PAY for the cost of my badge if I do not meet my 12-hour obligation.
- NOT BRING a friend to volunteer with me on my shift. All volunteers must be trained and assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.